The main benefit is that drinking a large quantity of water keeps the skin hydrated and prevents dry skin. It gives the skin a radiant, healthy, younger looking complexion with no wrinkles, and allows skin to maintain its elasticity and suppleness.
But then again everyone already knows this!
- Olive Oil
My Little sister “who is pretty much a healthy skin care crazy person” introduced me to using “actual” olive oil.
Olive oil is now found in many skin care products. The vitamin E found in the olive oil is the key ingredient. 1 bottle of olive oil can meet your skin care needs – gently rub a few drops all over your face and skin before going to bed each night.
Olive Oil for hair: Add 1 tablespoon of olive oil to your hair conditioner. Shake well before each use. Use conditioner as usual. Olive oil will provide not only a beautiful shine, but also manageability
Olive Oil for eyes: Nightly, place a small amount of oil on your finger tips. Gently dab on the corner of your eyes, your eye lids and under your eyes. Use caution not to get in your eyes.
- Fruits mask ( you guys already know I’m a huge fan of this)
Both papaya and pineapple contain enzymes that soften and heal the skin.
The enzymes in these fruits fight free-radical damage and are known to reduce age spots and fine lines and leave the skin supple. They also cleanse the skin by dissolving dead cells from the skin’s surface.
Here is how to use these healing fruits on your skin:
1 slice green papaya or 1 tablespoon papaya juice
1 slice ripe pineapple or 1 tablespoon pineapple juice
Massage the fruit or juice onto your face. Although the fruit is sticky, it is best to let it dry completely (it takes about 10 minutes), before rinsing with warm water and patting dry. Rub your hand over your face to feel just how much softer and more supple the skin feels!
- Cleaning Out your Pores.
I think the key to beautiful skin is having small pores… in order to keep yourskin clear and blemish-free, unclogging your pores is necessary.
- Wash your face with a gentle cleanser to remove surface dirt.
- Boil a pot of water (about 6 to 8 cups) on your stove or in your microwave. Pour the boiling water into a large bowl.
- Hold your head 12 to 15 inches above the bowl, and drape a towel over your head and the bowl. Hold this position for five to 10 minutes. If your skin gets too hot, move farther away from the bowl.
- Rinse your skin with warm water, and gently pat it dry.
- Apply a gentle toner to your skin with a cotton ball. Witch hazel is an inexpensive and natural toner
- Protect your skin from the SUN
No matter what shade you are you should always wear sunblock in order to protect your skin. Studies show that as you get older, the genes that control inflammation, the production and strength of collagen, and your skin’s ability to retain water begin to behave in a way that encourages the formation of wrinkles. Those changes are caused by mutations. But it’s a balancing act because we women need to be careful while blocking sun rays. Vitamin D comes from the sun and is also absorbed through the skin.
Do you guys have any good skin care secrets, please share your secrets, 🙂